Monday, January 10, 2011

Hanging Magnetic Board...Mixed Media

This was my first attempt at doing Mixed Media Art. 
I have been inspired by Christy Thomlinson and her amazing creations {click here to her blog}

This project is a canvas covered magnetic board from Canvas Corp
The magnetic board came from their Make Memo line, they come framed.

 The flowers are the magnets. 
The black part of the rook is Canvas Corp's product called Chalkstock. 
You can use chalk on it!
This project definitely stretched my design process...it took a while,
but I think it turned out fun!
Canvas Corp Products that I used: 
Make Memo magnetic board, 12x12 canvas page, cork circles,
Chalkstock, Corkstock, Paper, Burlap Shapes, Clothespins, Metal hanger.
Have a fabulous Monday!!
Linked to:
Under the Table and Dreaming                      Texas Monkey
Craftomaniac                                                 Simpsonized Crafts
Sumo's Sweet Stuff                                        Between Naps on the Porch
Mad In Crafts                                                Skip to my Lou
Crafts Keep Me Sane                                    The DIY Showoff
Making the World Cuter

5 comments:

  1. Love the mini banner! And the mix in with the burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable!!! I love the colors and the magnetic flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! Love the colors and the little mini clothes pins! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up! I'll be featuring this on Saturday!

    http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com

    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete