Friday, January 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Countdown Calendar

This is a fun way to celebrate and add decor for Valentine's Day by having a countdown calender.  It is an interactive one that has a fun saying and a gift associated with each day on the back.  In this picture it shows on that day that the saying was
"I'm Nuts about You", so you give your Valentine nuts. 
I made this by using all Canvas Corp products. {18"x18" burlap frame, red clothespins, twine, canvas shapes, paper, corkstock, mini clothespins}
Attach the clothespins to the edge of the burlap, have the canvas shapes with the paper and corkstock mod podged on hanging by a mini clothespin.
For the top, cut the paper 4"x12" and fold like an accordian and form into a half circle.
Print off numbers and the banner using your computer, or you can use stickers.
Optional:  use a brown ink pad and ink the edges for a vintage look.
{that is an 18"x18" Burlap that size!}
{Canvas Corp sells thin sheets of Corkstock!  You can stamp on it, mod podge over it...anything you want!}

Enjoy your weekend!
Featured Here:
The Classic Farmhouse Blog
Potato Boutique
Craft Gossip
Linked to:
The Shabby Chic Cottage
House of Hepworths
Somewhat Simple
Beyond the Picket Fence


  1. Love your blog and really think this idea is so cute!!! Featured it on my blog today at that is ok with you :0) Blessings, Katy

  2. You always come up with the cutest craft projects!

  3. LOVE THIS!!! So stinking cute! Hope it's okay if I feature it as my LCMF Share on my Facebook page tomorrow! I like to find one thing I love for the day and post it. And this is the cutest thing to come across my reader ALL WEEK! Great job!

  4. Super fabulous! I love how you use burlap!

  5. SO cute! I need more valentines stuff if you make to much and need to get rid of it :)

  6. So pretty. I love the richness in the combo of colours and textures you chose for this. TFS!

  7. How cute is this!! My daughter would love it if I made something like this...Especially since her birthday is on Valentine's Day...

    Thanks for sharing this great idea...

    Take care,

  8. OK, it is great as usual! I posted it on my blog!
    Thanks for being so amazing!

    This is the link:


  9. FLIPPEN STINKEN ROTTEN CUTE, PLEASE COME link this up to CraftOManiac MONDAY, i adore it! HUGS, jen

  10. yeah you linked, i AM FB your html link to this calender, I SO LOVE SO SO SO MUCH!

  11. Craft-O-Maniac CUTEST V-DAY ADVENT EVER!-

  12. Just dropping by to let you know that I linked to this post in a round up today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) You can see the feature here

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!

  13. Hi There you have been FEATURED AT CraftOManiac. Thanks & winks-jen

  14. I'm so glad I stumbled on to your blog today! LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing all your ideas!

  15. Very cute! And simple! Thanks for sharing ... I'll be linking!