Monday, June 4, 2012

Home Decor in the Works....

I have been doing a lot of online shopping for fabrics and rugs lately.  The UPS guy should deliver all of it by tomorrow...yeah!!!  I have got to get this home decorated...it is about to drive me crazy!

I have been a big fan of Anna Maria Horner's fabrics for quite some time.  I thought that she has the perfect bohemian/modern style that I was looking for Kate's room.  You will have to visit Anna Maria's website...fabulous ideas on there!  {click HERE}


Anna Maria Horner LouLouThi Summer Totem TartAnna Maria Horner LouLouThi Hugs & Kisses Candy
Anna Maria Horner LouLouThi Curated Bloom PatinaPremier Prints ZigZag Slub Yellow/White

One of my inspirations of getting bright and bold in Kate's room was from www.BelleMaison23.com.  She has some amazing photography of home decor.  I really didn't want to stick to 2-3 colors in her whole room, so I thought that a rainbow of colors would be perfect for her and her FiReCraCker personality.



So, for the Master Bedroom...I wanted to stick with the calming palette, something not too girlie for Bill.  I have seen this ikat pattern around the internet and I keep coming back to it, so it was meant to be.  The greek design on the right helps bring in the modern vibe I am wanting also.  You can click on the pictures and it will take you to fabric.com.

Magnolia Home Fashions Java Ikat SpaPremier Prints Towers Village Blue/Natural

Maybe it is because I am from the South...but I love MONOGRAMMING!!!  You bet that I will have some pillows monogrammed in our new bedroom.  This picture is from the fabulous Emily A. Clark's home...her blog is HERE.  I am also searching for a starburst mirror....


Bill and I went to a Consignment Furniture place in town looking for bookcases...we didn't find any, but we found a dresser and nightstand for me that will match Bill's nightstand.  He told me that he will paint it for me {and he always says that he would rather chew broken glass than paint, so I know that he meant it...}  I found this dresser on Pinterest that I want mine to be painted like...

Pinterest find...on my board about furniture...click HERE

www.RugsUSA.com was really good to me on Memorial day...I got all of these rugs for 60% off and free shipping.  The natural rugs are 8'x10' and the stripe one is 5'x8'.
The one on the left is for the living room, stripe is for upstairs playroom {future Utah State room} and the bottom one is for the dining room.  All for under $400...can you believe that!!!! Yeah!!!


Hopefully I will have more pictures of everything in a couple of days...so excited!!
Enjoy your day!!

3 comments:

  1. I just love how you decorate... I may or may not have kept the pictures from the house when you had it listed so that I could duplicate some of your looks. Hope that doesn't make me sound like a creeper ;)

    Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen a sunburst mirror like that at Kirklands not too long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I love the color inspiration for Kate's room! Can't wait to see what you do in there! Congrats on the move and new house. Hoping you guys are enjoying your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decorating the home with mirrors is a great way to add light to any room. Mirrors can also make a room appear to be larger if they are placed in the locations. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post.

      Indian Home Decor

      Delete