Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Valentine's Day Countdown Calendar


I decided to make a new version of my Valentine's Day Countdown Calendar that I made two years ago {link to the other one}.  This one definitely has more of a Spring-y look to it.  I only wanted to use products I had on hand...so this is what I came up with.

I was inspired by Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane Rose fabric and took those colors into my overall design.  {I also used a little bit of Amy Butler Ikat fabric} The frame is a cheap-o one from Ikea that is about a 20"x20" size, I think it was around $7.  I wrote out "Valentine's Day" and stitched in on some pink felt and then layered fabric, felt and burlap.
 
I used several items from Canvas Corp: lime mini clothespins, white mini envelopes {I trimmed them down an inch} and burlap. As you can see, it is pretty self-explanatory on how to make it. I also used my go-to glue Beacon Fabri-Tac, I can't do anything without that stuff!! I used a small tipped Sharpie to write out the dates on the envelopes.




You can add love notes or special messages to the inside of the envelopes.


Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so stinkin' cute!!! I think I need to make one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely charming! The sweetest color and pattern combinations. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete