Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring Wreath...made with PaperTowels!!

Leslie and I had so much fun making this project.  It took us 3 separate days to finish because of time and nap schedules.  It seriously was so easy and I would like to call it a "Free Spirit" kind of project because we didn't really worry about everything matching perfectly!

Our inspiration came from Nicole over at Made By Nicole Blog {click here to go to her tutorial}, at the end of this post I have a picture of her wreath that started it all!
Can You Believe they are made out of PAPERTOWELS?!!
We attached the flowers to a burlap wrapped wreath.  We used pinking shears cutting out several of the circles.  We "distressed" a lot of the pieces by wrinkling them up.  We even added some silk, tulle and fabric pieces.  We had fun going through our embellishment stash to had a little whimsy and bling!
{We used food coloring in 4 separate little bottles to color the white papertowels and coffee filters.  I think by using food coloring it came out more pastel than Nicole's vibrant colors.}
{You can click on the pictures for a bigger view}
I love how big Leslie made her flowers.  I am still trying to talk Leslie into either doing her own blog or guest blogging for me.  Help me let her know that we need to share her talents with everyone! ;)
In Leslie's bottom flower, she rolled a coffee filter that we also colored in a "tube" and then she made it into a circle to place more inside.  I really liked that one!
This is Nicole's wreath!  Thanks Nicole for sharing your talents with us!
Have a Bright Day!
I was featured on:
The Speckled Dog Blog
Linked to: 
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Somewhat Simple
Blue Cricket Design
Craftaholics Anonymous
The Trendy Treehouse
Just a Girl
Beyond the Picket Fence
Life as Lori
Under the Table and Dreaming {Sunday}

24 comments:

  1. So beautiful, I love it!! I cannot believe it's paper towels, great recycling project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty! I am so impressed you were able to do that with paper towels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love this. I was going to make a new wreath for my door. This is it. Thanks for linking up at Trendy Treehouse too!

    ~Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Jen, I saw that wreath on the blog you are talking about.. and I was in AWWWW, yours turned out darling. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love it! I'm thinking I need to add a wreath to my front door, since my house looks vacant from the outside! This may be the perfect homey touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with ALlison...

    BEAUTIFUL!

    You are so darn creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely precious! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!! I love this. Super creative too. I just started a Messy Monday linky party and would love for you to join it. Come by and see. www.pumpkinpatchdesigns@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!!!! I am so going to try this. It turned out fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out darling! I love the colors you chose. I can't believe it's paper towels! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lOVE IT LOVE IT LOVEIT THATS ALL I CAN SAY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super cute! Who would have thought they were papertowels! Would love to have you stop by the Sunday Showcase Party. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This wreath is gorgeous! I'm so glad you posted on Under the Table

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this so much, so fun. I am going to have to make myself one this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been looking for something to make for the front door. Thanks for the inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the first paper towel wreath I have seen. Super cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing at the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,
    I followed you over from the Life As Lori link party. I am now a follower of yours. I would really love it if you stopped by and visited me too. Be sure to enter the drawing if you do. Keep up the good work. Rory http://toolsareforwomentoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colors are so fresh and pretty--love them. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just wanted to let you know that I featured these.

    http://thespeckleddog.blogspot.com/2010/04/weekly-faves_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. You were caught being creative and were featured on Black Kats Design Fab Friday Favorites. Stop on by, grab a button and show off!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jenn,
    So pretty and fun! Love the colors! Thanks for joining the Craftaholics Anonymous Support Group! I had fun stopping by and checking out your craftiness!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete