Monday, April 5, 2010

A Stitch for a School Art Fundraiser

I donated this stitch that I made for my little guy's school Art Fundraiser Auction today.  I think it turned out perfect for someone to buy for a teacher, counselor, aide or even the Principal!
I bought the frame at HobLob for 1/2 off.  Then I got on Word and used the Curlz font to design the stitch.  I taped the printout of the words on my window {my old fashioned light box} to transfer it onto muslin fabric.  You can do that with any font or design.
I didn't take any pictures while I was making the bow for a little tutorial.  Believe me, I will be making more of those because I really love how it turned out.  {I attached it to the outside of the frame, I also hot glued the ribbon to the top of the stitch}
Sorry, I had to block out his schools name...I know that you would understand.  It really is sooo cute in real life.  I hope it goes for big bucks!
I hope you had a wonderful Easter Weekend!  We did!
Linked to:
The Graphics Fairy
The Girl Creative
Cottage Instincts
Making the World Cuter
Keeping it Simple
Beyond the Picket Fence

10 comments:

  1. DARLING, LOVE IT LOVE IT! Please do a tutorial on the cute flowers! ;) smiles~ Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, Duper cute! I love the flower.

    Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! We're having our school carnival soon and we can auction off items like this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking for new School Fundraising Ideas I strongly recommend you get in touch with Easy Fundraising Ideas. They have a very wide assortment of fundraisers that have been used successfully throughout the United States.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea, and so easy too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete