Thursday, May 6, 2010

Clothes Pin Lampshade...so fun!!!

I was inspired by a Pottery Barn Lampshade {click here to see.}
I needed a lamp for my craft room and thought it would be a perfect fit!
Y'all...this was soooo easy to make!
It would be fun in your kitchen with recipes and pictures of dinners that you have made, in a kids bedroom with items that they love, in your living room with family pictures and etc.!! 
I love it when I can make something that I have all of the supplies on hand.
  *****
This is a picture of the finished product, I LOVE how it turned out!
Before Lamp Picture...I have had it forever and it was needing some TLC!
The first thing I did was spray painted the lamp and 8 clothes pins black {Krylon Black Satin Paint}.
I used Spray Adhesive {my new favorite thing!} to attach the fabric to the lampshade.  I just rolled the shade into the fabric.
Then I trimmed off the edges and attached the remaining edges to the inside.
I lined the inside with black ribbon to hide the edges of the fabric, to give it a finished look.
Then I hot glued the clothes pins to the inside of the shade.  The inspiration shade had it on the outside, but I was wanting to "hide" the pins more.
Then I just had fun adding pictures, tags, flowers and etc. to the lampshade.  The possibilities are endless.  I will be changing this out a lot!
It is so cute turned on!  I have a feeling that I will be making more of these in the future!
Have a beautiful day!
 Linked to:
Blue Cricket Design                The Tidy Mom
The Trendy Treehouse            The Inspired Room
A Soft Place to Land              It's a Hodgepodge Life
Silly Little Sparrow                A Few of My Favorite Things
Me and My Bucket                Poppies at Play
My Backyard Eden                It's Fun To Craft
It's So Very Cheri                  The Finer Things in Life
Chic on a Shoestring              Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap-up
Funky Junk Interiors               Under the Table and Dreaming

20 comments:

  1. Great project! Going right into my inspiration file :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO DARLING and creative!!! I love it. I may make one with my daughter. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    <3

    Risa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I might need one of these for my Desk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how it is interchangeable! Darling material. I could have a lamp like that in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is completely adorable!! What a unique idea with the clothespins! Great choice of fabric too.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea!
    Thanks for sharing and linking up to I'm Lovin' It! Have a FABULOUS weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute idea. I just bought a lamp for my baby room at tuesday morning for $6.99. Its a pretty ugly baby one with lambs all over and I was trying to think of something cute to do, can't wait to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Idea! I love rummaging thru catalogs to find inspiration too! Will have to try this one

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cute cute. Great idea. I love the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would be fun for a teen's room!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea! I am in the process of redoing a lamp myself, you inspired me to really make it cute! Good job, and Happy Mothers day!~

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet fun idea! I love how you can just change stuff out on a whim. That's so up my alley.

    Thanks for linking up to SNS!
    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! Love the idea and the houndstooth material is fabulous! Thanks so much for stopping by and joining the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jenn- Stop by the Sunday Showcase post for a surprise! Thanks again for joining in the fun! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. So super cute! This would be so useful in a craft room! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this!! It is such a fun way to change things up! I am featuring this as part of 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft. Thanks for linking up and come by and snag a featured button!!

    ReplyDelete