Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer Flower Front Door

Today I have this project being featured over at Singing Three Little Birds blog, she is having a Flower Week with a lot of amazing projects...go check it out!
I was needing a summer look on our front door, I really love how it turned out!
My new favorite item to work with right at the moment is Canvas!!
TUTORIAL:
I first cut out a piece of canvas that I bought off a bolt at Hobby Lobby and applied Gesso primer on it.
Then I used the Quatrefoil stencil from Tatertots and Jello...thanks Jen for sharing it!! {click here for link}
I used Americana Paint {White Wash}& Apple Barrel {Caribbean Blue} paints.
I made a stencil of a large and small petal
{If you want the template of the petals I did,
leave me a comment with your email and I will send it to you!}. 
Then I gathered the base and used hot glue to keep the shape.
I cut 5" circle of foam core and felt {not perfect}.  Then I punched a hole in the middle for the knob screw to come through to hold the finish flower together.  Hot glue the petals around and layer the small petals on top.
I cut out about 5 circles in different sizes...not perfect again and put it in the middle.
This is a close-up picture of the finished look.  I just bought the glass knob at Lowes and added a little bling to the middle.  With scrap painted canvas, I made a little tag with rub-on letters.  I love the word BLOOM!!
This is a back side, just in case you were needing a peek!
It is a pretty bright flower, especially from the road.  But, everytime I am coming and going from my house...it makes me SMILE!!
You can really do this project in all different sizes! 
I know that I will be doing a lot more with painted canvas this summer!
Enjoy! 
 to see all of the fun projects she has showcased!}
Here is the link to how I made the frame earlier this year.
Linked To:
Blue Cricket Designs              Creations by Kara

26 comments:

  1. SO SO CUTE~ WAY TO GO jen~ JGG

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! So summery...makes me want to pull out the popsicles;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love the template for the petal you used on the summer flower for front door this is so cute! mom-hubbard@hotmail.com thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm....this is WAY cute! I adore teal and red as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adorable, each one. Your X-YW is a lucky girl! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out sooo cute!! Thanks for sharing! Visiting from the weekend wrapup party.
    justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful ~ I love it! I would appreciate the template if you have time to send it to me (meandmypinkmixer@yahoo.com. Can't wait to make one of these for my door :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to get the template! csorensen@pinkfigphotography.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a darling idea you are so creative I love looking at your blog and would love to have the pattern for the flower. michelleinkley@hotmail.com thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love the template if you don't mind :) kjavernick@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Adorable :) I would love the template of the petals. Thanks!
    bd3moore@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! I love the knob idea. Wow, looked like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So Cute! And I would love the petal template. THANKS! courtneymarsh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is too cute! Great ideas! This is my first time stopping by, and now I'm your newest follower! :)

    If you get a chance, stop by craftsandsutch.blogspot.com to check out my new blog. :)

    Thanks and happy weekend!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute!!! I would love the template.
    beckywaters@comcast.net
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love the template.

    Thanks!
    Tara taraclarese@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable, and the colors of my little girl's room. Wow, what a creative girl you are!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love the template when you have time! Very cute idea!! ;) misty.osborne@att.blackberry.net
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful! I will be featuring it on my blog on June 10th!

    http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com

    I'd also love your template!

    sumossweetstuff@gmail.com

    Thanks!
    Sumo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am LOVING how cute this turned out! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is adorable!
    I would love for you to send me the template if you could.
    manda_anne247@hotmail.com
    thanks (:

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey I would like the pattern for the petals. Also I was wondering what the size of the burlap frame is? Thanks so much. lindsey_vest@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete