I love the look of banners, so I thought it would be a perfect addition to my mantel. Another Burlap project to check off for the week!
Here is a current picture of the mantel so far...Looking at it now I might have made the banner longer. The finished size is 29"x11".
I cut a 36"x13" rectangle. Then ironed the two long sides to get that crease. Then I folded it in half and cut a diagonal for the ends. I then made another crease by bringing in each side just a little to give it the waving banner look. I also hot glued the creases...I learned my lesson on my previous craft!
I got out the ol' sharpie. I am not good at using a small paintbrush because I initially thought about painting it. With the sharpie, I was able to get the look that I wanted. I just got a little bit of a sharpie smell headache by doing this, but I think that it worked fine.
I had fun designing the flower, I think that baby K might end up wearing one on her head someday soon...
I joined in the Mantel Party over at The Stories of A to Z.