Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sewing Project: Baby Carseat Cover {Day11}

First of all, I haven't been able to get on the computer because of a really bad virus & my bro-in-law was able to fix it last night.  I don't  like it when my computer is sick...
I am still working on my next burlap craft, hopefully today I will get it done.  It is my hubby's birthday, so who knows if I will be able to post it or not later...I have to make him a birthday pie.

So, I thought I would share a sewing project that I did last year for my sister's new baby.  I have never made one of these before, but my sis-in-law, Lara, made my baby one and I used that as a pattern.
I didn't have the mind set while doing this to make it into a tutorial post.  I just cut two different fabrics the same, sewed them right sides together with the ric-rac ribbon in between, turned it right side out.  Then attached the strips of fabric with a cute button for the handle.

I know on http://www.etsy.com/ they have several sellers that either have them pre-made or patterns to make it.
I wish that I had something like this for my other babies...that would've been handy.
Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. That is just so cute! Love the fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO...I NEED one of these! I mean the baby NEEDS one of these;) I'm glad your computer is feeling better!

    Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

    ReplyDelete