Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Home Improvement & Inspirations

While we were working on this last night, I thought maybe I should've sanded and at least primed before we put these boards up.  Mr. B and I are both inexperienced in doing these types of projects, so most of the time we are livin' & learnin'.
Mr. B has church stuff tonight that he has to do, so if the kiddos will let me I would love to get it all primed tonight.  Fingers crossed.  We still have one little piece of moulding still to put on the picture ledge.
I love going over to Elizabeth Kartchner's blog and seeing all of the cool things that she is up to.  She always has a great sense of style and color.  She has a new line of scrapbook products out.  I was totally inspired by her picture wall here at her CHA booth, would love to do something like this somewhere in my house!
I really need to just buy this fabric ASAP from Heather Bailey.  Another fun gal that knows style!  I don't know what exactly I would do with it...bulletin board, something for Baby K, covering my worn computer chair...whatever it is I need  to just get it!

7 comments:

  1. Totally love the color of the pine sans paint and/or primer. :-) The fabric would make cute curtains for Baby K's room. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah sanding and priming before you put it up might have been a good idea. But I am usually to impatient to do it the proper way too. But it is going to look fab, once it is all painted.
    Take care, and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did something similar to this in our bathroom at our old house. I made the same mistake and didn't prime it beforehand. Its doable...but its harder! We used beadboard again and I made sure the next time to prime it before! I can't wait to see how this turns out. Looks fabulous already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the finished product. It can always take a little longer with the kids! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The entryway is awesome!!!
    Yet another great idea that I totally plan to steal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is going to look so nice when you are finished! I know you are excited.

    ReplyDelete