Thursday, February 25, 2010

Things to do...

My friend, Leslie {aka the Maestro}, is coming over tomorrow for us to alter these $1.00 necklaces.  Yes, I bought these necklaces & bracelets all for a $1.00 each at a new little store in town {My hands felt really dirty when I left...you know that kind of store...I lysol-ed them down just in case}
I went to HobLob last night and got a selection of fabric & some tulle to make the fabric rose necklaces like you can find on http://www.etsy.com/:  {search under fabric rose necklaces}
I want to do something bright & funky...so hopefully I will have something to show tomorrow!
While at the HobLob, I always have to go down the 66% off isles, now they are marked down to 80% off.
I found this paper towel holder for $1.60 that I thought would be perfect to keep my ribbons that are still on a roll {I got 4 of them!}  That ribbon 50% and soooo cute!  I have matching fabric too!
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I am SO excited to see what you do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see this post. I picked up a couple of pearly necklaces at the thrift store the other day and I have been wanting to do just this. Now, I get to see all of your fabulousness and borrow your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait! :) It's 90% off here. A lot of it's picked over though.. Booo! Not that I should be SPENDING anything... :)

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK....I think we are soul mates. I got the EXACT SAME paper towel holder at HobLob and am using it for the EXACT SAME thing. :) Two smart chics, we are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see how your necklaces turn out!! I would love a tutorial so I can see how you make them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! It sounds like a wonderful project!!!!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete